There are numerous advantages of using solar energy as compared to other forms of energy that are currently being exploited. Here are a few benefits of using solar energy:
- Solar energy is a renewable source of energy; it can never run out.
- Solar energy can be easily converted either directly or indirectly in to other forms of energy as well.
- Solar energy does not come at a price; the energy from the Sun can be harnessed by anyone as long as they have the means to do so.
- Once the devices that are used to capture solar energy have been installed, there are no other variable costs that you have to pay for.
- Solar energy is reliable; it cannot really fall short or run out of reserves.
- There is no difference in the provision of solar energy due to the movements in market price, hence there’s no risk of forward exchange.
At present, the overall budget that is allotted to the generation of solar energy is much less, and that is why most of the potential in solar energy is still untapped. It is expected that by 2025, around 2.5 percent of the energy on this planet will be produced via solar energy.